August 29, 2011

New Blogs On The Block

Thank you to Barb and Dell blog
for honoring me with some Liebster Blog love.

Barb and Dell are two cousins who share the same
intrests in decorating, gardening and photography.
Barb lives in Minnesota and
Dell lives in South Dakota. 

Here is what Barb tells me:
What is a Liebster Blog you may wonder.  I was told Liebster is Sweetheart in German, thus...Sweetheart Blog.  It is an award meant to connect us even more and spotlight new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.

Fiona from Raindrops and Daisies sent me the Liebster Blog and asked that I send it on to new bloggers.  Fiona is from Ireland has a lovely blog and great photos. She says her blog is a bit of fun and her day to day ramblings.

Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog
1.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2.  Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3.  Post the award on your blog.
4.  Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet - other writers. 
5.  And best of all - have fun and spread the karma!
****************************************************************

So, while my picks may not be brand, spanking
"New Blogs on the Block"
they are ones that have less than 200 followers
that I am a follower of 
 and have caught my eye

These are in no paticular order:
(in case you are not very tech-y like me,
you click on the highlighted text to see the item I am "talking" about on the web)


The author is a mother to two toddlers
(June, 4 and Bear, 2) . 
She has all kinds of fun posts on her blog
from home projects, to things going on in
her cute family's life, and pictures of her darling children.
If you want to get to know her
(gosh, I don't think I know her name, actually)
she recently did a blog post
She did a post on an amazing joint birthday party
she threw for her kids...so many good ideas.
**************************************************************

"Bear Rabbit Bear"
Melanie has a really cute blog background
but I am not computer savvy enough to
get it to copy and paste here...you go over and
see it for yourself.  She has a daughter and her husband
is a youth minister so they have lots of "kids".

She hosts a blog party on Thursdays called
"Crafts for Under Twenty-Somethings"

One of my favorite posts that she has done
was their master bathroom remodel.
"The Great Bathroom Makeover"

She and her husband did what I only TALK
about doing...ripping the ginormous tub
(circa 1980's) out of the master bathroom.
******************************************
"Sweetwater Style"

Mary lives in Minnesota.  She is a true DIYer
and attempts so many different types of projects.
She is a jack-of-all trades and always has
a project going.  She believes in just
putting yourself out there and trying things.

One of my favorite posts of hers is helping
a bride do the flowers for a wedding.
"Wedding Flowers For Less...Making It Happen"
********************************************************************

"Never Enough Flowers"

Brooke posts wonderful photos of garden-themed decor
and collections of things that she finds beautiful.

Her posts are visually inspiring.  One of my
favorites that she did was showing pictures of
(normally indoor) furniture in outdoor settings.
Outdoor Furniture?
*********************************************************

"ELA's Smile"
(sorry, could not grab title header)
ELA are the initials of this blog author.
She started her blog in January 2011 as part of her
New Year's Resolution to be more creative
and share her projects, pictures, and thoughts.
She lives with her very handsome husband
and a fat white cat.

Her photography is also just outstanding.
She has achieved her goal of being creative for sure.
Here are three of my favorite posts of hers:

This is her first post.  Be sure you go all the way to the end of it.
"Inspirations"

This is a trip she and her husband took to Dallas.  Be sure to watch
the fun video at an art museum that she included.
"Dallas Anniversary Trip"

In this post, ELA refinished a magazine rack.  It looks amazing.
"Shabby or Chic?"
********************************
I didn't want to infringe on anyone's pictures
so I did not post pictures of their projects
but I hope you will go visit these bloggers
and see their wonderful blogs for yourself.

3 comments

  1. Thanks for your sweet comments about my blog! Bathroom renovation still underway..next stop- painting and cabinets!!


    Love your blog, too- new follower!!

    Melanie
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for mentioning me and I'm so glad that you enjoy my little corner of the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful surprise to see Sweetwater Style as one of your features....you are my heroine...and a great end to a long day! Thank-you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.