August 31, 2012

The Flowers of Vail


Previously, I had only been to Vail in the Winter for sking.
Vail is also very popular in the Summer due to its cooler
mountain temperatures.  The town is really showy with lots of
effort made to plant and maintain flowers everywhere.


In the photo below, you can see ski runs in the background.


























These flowers were in front of a fire station in Vail. 
 Maybe the one where Ryan of "Bachelorette" fame works?

See how they used an old fire hose to wrap around the base of the planter?

Not only does the city maintain pretty flowers but homes and
businesses also put on a beautiful flower displays.



























Just for fun, here is another ski run in Summer.

Vail has statuary scattered around the town.







A local person told me that people come to Vail for 
the Winters but they stay for the Summers. 


10 comments

  1. What a beautiful, beautiful city in summer. I only think of it as a place to ski, too. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so interesting! I had no idea that it could be so pretty in the summer. I loved seeing the grass covered slopes, they don't look so scary in green:) The town certainly has people with green thumbs, all the pots are so pretty and well maintained. Wish I could keep mine going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Lovley post........and interesting that it is a skiresort :)
    and do not miss......

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found my blog and now I've found yours! We were in Vail last year during Labor Day break. I took a bazillion pictures of the flowers there. It was my first time to visit Colorado, besides the airport of course. It was absolutely beautiful, and your pics reflect that. We hope to go back some day. Thanks for linking to my "September Walk in the Gardens", Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking us along! It looks so beautiful there. Thanx for joining THT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vail is really a beautiful spot in the Winter, but this is spectacular too. My Son and family live very close and we were there in the winter a few seasons ago. Looks like they really make it look like a Swiss chalet--love all the color.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to Vail in both summer and winter. It is beautiful in both seasons. Thanks for taking us along on your summer trip. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been but I have to say I never thought it would be so magnificent in the summer.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous!

    I was there one summer many years ago but I do not remember any of this!
    Spectacular!

    Thanks so much for sharing.
    So pretty.

    xoxox
    A

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice info, thanks for share, oh ya saya mau berbagi, baru saja saya menemukan Video Viral tentang Hobby jadi Bisnis trus minum Kopi Terbaik sambil simak Kisah Nabi Dan Rasul baca tentang Paid Promote / Jasa Endorse untuk Jual Akik Gambar trus jual Printer laser white toner hasilnya buat cari jasa desain logo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to comment on my blog!

© Miss Kopy Kat. Design by FCD.